I can’t believe it’s already December. I’m really not sure where time goes each year, but one thing is for sure, we love Christmas time. There’s nothing like the warmth the magical lights of Christmas bring, the smells echo memories of Christmas past and everyone is united in the understanding of this time for giving. If you’re lacking in the holiday spirit this year, we wanted to suggest ideas of how to get in the Christmas spirit!
In the Raleigh area:
- Go see A Christmas Carol, celebrating 40 years, a local gem!
- Ipreo Raleigh Winterfest: go ice skating in downtown Raleigh, the tree is lit so bundle up and skate with your sweetie or family.
- Historic Oakwood Candlelight Tour: I have not been able to take part in Raleigh yet, but for any lover of architecture and design, this should be right up your alley.
- The Nutcracker: This is always a Christmas time favorite and the Carolina Ballet does a beautiful rendition that everyone should see at least once.
- Holiday Parades: A few have already happened in the area but there is still time to catch the Chapel Hill Christmas Parade and the Cary Christmas Parade!
- NC State Capitol Tree Lighting, catch it this Thursday, December 10th!
- Gingerbread Village display and Breakfast with Santa at the Carolina Inn
In North Carolina:
- Grab your family and go cut down your own Christmas tree this year! Check out Watagua County’s map of Christmas tree farms.
- Nothing could be finer than to see the United States largest family home, the Biltmore, decked out in its Christmas best!
- See over 3 million Christmas lights the Charlotte Motor Speedway with their light show.
- Be dazzled by the annual holiday light celebration at the Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens.
- Visit Old Salem and glimpse the glowing Moravian stars, spend Saturdays with St. Nick or take your own self-guided tour.
We hope these ideas give you some inspiration for this Holiday season and we hope it’s a magical one this year and we are glad to have a great State to celebrate the holidays in as well!